Friday, March 11, 2011

Trapped

If you look in Ellis' dictionary, there's a picture of me next to the word "crib".

The last couple days Ellis has decided that the appropriate place to nap is on my chest or my lap. While this is sweet and cute, I find myself going a bit crazy after an hour of sitting on the couch. The computer starts taunting me with the new emails, the dirty dishes seem to multiply in the sink, and the laundry machine starts calling my name. I've learned how to strategically place certain things in reach - such as my blackberry, the tv remote, and some snacks. Sometimes when I know it is nap time, I feel like I'm creating my own mini-bunker in preparation for the apocalypse.

After he's completely down for his nap, I've figured out how to slowly get up and move around the house, accomplishing certain tasks at 50% efficiency...seeing as I only have one hand available. It is a battle - do I put him in the bouncy chair so I can get things done and risk a shorter nap? Or do I get the longer nap and one really buff arm when it is all said and done?

Lately, as the debate goes on in my head, I've decided to pull out the camera and document the little guy holding me hostage.








This life really isn't so bad.

No comments: