Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just call me doctor

I am here to tell you that the cure for the post-pardum headache that lasts for weeks is NOT 600 mg of ibuprofen. It is a pacifier.

I am kidding of course because all in all Ellis has been a great baby. He doesn't cry much, is a decent sleeper, and takes his brother's love attacks in stride. Oh and those eyes...they just are adorable. I think the combination of two (make that...three) boys in the house has made for one long headache for mommy.

Ellis hit the 3 week mark last Friday and with that comes a really fun growth spurt. At least that's what I've diagnosed it as. Mr. Super Sleeper all of a sudden could not fall asleep to save his life and had troubles staying asleep as well. He has been uncharacteristically crying a lot and he has been wanting to nurse all.the.time...to the point of constantly spitting up everywhere. The spit-up seemed to really bother him, not to mention it would wake him up a lot when he was finally able to fall asleep. So a lactation consultant suggested the pacifier and...what's that I hear?? Oh yes, the story Mike has been trying to tell me for 2 days now that I can finally hear without filtering through screams! And what's that I see?? A sleeping baby!

Needless to say, I'm really excited for his big weigh-in on Friday...almost as excited as I'm sure you all are to see his first Elmo picture!

No comments: