Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy One Month Birthday Ellis!


Well, there you go. Just like that...one month down. It kind of makes me sad to see time fly by like that. It has been a great month! Ellis is a wonderful baby. He sleeps well, eats well, and is generally pretty calm...which is amazing considering his brother is a running sling shot of trucks and hard toys, of which Ellis' head seems to be a magnet for. But Ellis takes Cavin's hugs, hand holding, poking, prodding, and general screaming of "BABY!" all in stride.

This month Ellis starting "coo"ing and "ahh"ing so we could hear his voice...and what a sweet voice it is. At night when he is ready to get up and be fed, he grunts and wiggles for a while before he all out screams and cries. I think that is very considerate of him b/c it takes me a while to get up - just ask my snooze alarm. Ellis has a lot of very serious looks to him. He has these deep, big, beautiful blue eyes that scan the room (probably defensively looking out for his big bro). He furrows his eye brows so much that I'm concerned he will be showing wrinkles before his first birthday. So it was a real treat when we saw Ellis' first 'real' smile...which of course melted this momma's heart.

I'm going to try my hardest not to constantly compare my boys but I do have to say this one time HOW many people are telling me how much Ellis looks like Cavin. And they are right! Even Mike and myself have trouble telling their baby photos apart sometimes.

And let's give a big shout out to the Elmo chair! It's nice to see him back in action. I blame this whole 'monthly picture' process to Cavin's obsession with anything Elmo by the way. Oh well, if Elmo speeds up the potty training process when we get there, I'll sit on this chair and take monthly pictures myself.

Ellis did pretty well with meeting Elmo for the first time. Sure he had some tumbles...


But then found humor in the process...


Now on to Ellis' one month stats!

Weight: 11 pounds, 3 ounces (90th percentile)
Height: 23.5 inches (97th percentile)
Head: 39.25 cm (75th percentile)


Ellis has gained weight like a champ considering he started at 9 pounds, 5 ounces and then dropped to 8 pounds, 2 ounces after leaving the hospital. So he has gained 3 pounds in just over 3 weeks!

A very proud mommy and daddy...



Happy One Month Birthday Ellis! Thank you for blessing our family.

Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments: