Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Developments

I will admit, I was worried that with Numero Dos, the developmental milestones wouldn't be AS exciting as they were with our first. Kinda like...'yeah, yeah...seen that before'. So last week when I got my weekly email from babycenter.com talking about what developments to look for, I thought 'okay, I'll keep an eye out for that':

"Your baby's hands should be mostly open now and ready to reach out to the world. Although your baby can't grab objects just yet, she can grasp things placed in her hands. And once she wraps her hands around something, she might not let go so easily. She'll also try to bat at objects, so keep potentially dangerous items far from her reach."

I figured this meant I should put him on the play mat a little more as well. So yesterday as I cleaned my pumping supplies, I placed him on his mat. Then I heard the rattle shake. Thinking he accidentally hit it I kept cleaning. Then I heard it again, and again. I looked over to see Ellis staring the sun rattle down. And he hit it again. I creeped closer to him as if even the slightest noise would distract him and the moment would pass. However, he continued to hit it. MY. HEART. SWELLED. with pride. Like a ridiculous smile took over my face as I raaaced downstairs to gather my camera. Hearing that rattle continue on as I ran back upstairs make me feel like the proudest mommy on the planet.



In that moment I knew that I was going to be able to relive ALL of those fun firsts ALL over again...however big or small. It was a very happy moment indeed.

No comments: