Monday, February 23, 2009
Once I receive pictures of Grace's big birthday bash (30 kids showed up...she's on popular gal) from yesterday, I will post a few.
Here's an picture of Baby S and I today, at 32 weeks and 1 day. We are officially in our 8th month of pregnancy!
A couple notes from the last few weeks:
- My local starbucks barista (don't worry, I order decafs) thinks I am ready to pop! This morning she said "you've GOT to be due soon right???" I received the same comment from an old co-worker I ran into today as well. I'm not quite sure how to take these comments.
- Sandy licked my belly this weekend. She's SOOOO ready to be a big sister. Can we talk about how she's the best dog ever? Ok, I'll save it for another post.
- Jerry stepped on my belly this weekend. Needless to say, I am still a bit worried about his reaction to Mike's newest baby.
- Commute time on bart used to mean time for me to get some work done, listen to my pregnancy podcasts, catch up on my Us Weekly, write some baby shower thank you notes (yes, that's why the handwriting is messy) or read my latest book club book. Now bart = NAP! Like clockwork, two stops into my bart ride I am catching some zzzzzzs. This morning, my own snoring (which for the record I do not normally do) woke me up just in time for the Embarcadero station. This whole growing a life thing is really draining my energy.
- We had an amazing shower thrown for us in Colorado by my mother-in law, 2 sisters-in-law, and future sister-in-law. Lots of friends and family gathered to celebrate our little one and we could not have had a better time. There will be an entire post devoted to our Colorado shower shortly.
- I am on strict watch. Mike read my last blog post and is threatening to perform a detailed audit of our kitchen pantry and my office desk for any and all sweets I may have hidden from him or anyone else. He caught me in yet another lie this weekend regarding how many cookies I ate on Saturday, so he's on me like white on rice.
Friday, February 20, 2009
But in the spirit of being open and not feeling like I'm eating sugar in a dark closet where I'm sure no one will find me, I feel the need to confess (and make a few of you laugh). So here it goes!
1. I have had AT LEAST one cookie every afternoon for the last 2 weeks (maybe more). Notice the use of the phrase "at least".
2. Mike and I (mostly me) downed a bag of double stuffed oreos - dipped in milk of course - this weekend while catching up on our DVR'd episodes of The Biggest Loser. The irony alone is funny.
3. I bought Mike 6 chocolate covered strawberries and 2 chocolate covered oreos for Valentine's day. Mike had one oreo and 1 strawberry. The rest is gone. You do the math.
4. I just snuck out of work early today, forwarded my office phone to my cell phone, and rushed to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream...all in time to down it before Mike got home to see me.
5. We've gotten in the habit of making chocolate and strawberry milk as a treat before bedtime...but we vow to only do this on occasion during the week. We already had a few this week so while Mike was in the other room, I secretively made myself a chocolate milk, ran to the bedroom, and gulped it down before Mike could notice.
6. Mike gave me a bag of chocolates for Valentine's Day. I told him I was going to take them to the office so people would eat them there. Instead I kept them in my office for an entire day and snacked on them off and on throughout the day. My boss was in my office while we were on a conference call and I kept them under my desk and would slip one into my mouth when he wasn't looking....repeat 5 times.
7. After the conference call, I took said chocolates bag to the receptionist and told her to lay them out for others in the office and that under no circumstances was I allowed to have any more. She agreed. 30 minutes later I walked by her desk and noticed she had stepped away...so I stole 5 chocolates very quickly and rushed away before she could notice!
8. The other day, someone asked me about my pregnancy diet - was I eating healthy and did I have any big cravings. I told them no big cravings and I was eating pretty healthy and was proud of myself. 3 weeks ago this was a true statement. After reading #1 - 7, do you agree?