Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello 35/35 (and stripes)!

Today, on the last day of 2010, I am 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days until my due date. What a fun way to end the year right? Well, I'm certain some of you out there are having a lot more fun on NYE than these Spruiells. Between a toddler and an 8 months pregnant wife, Mike isn't enjoying much partying like he did in his 20s. Instead, he is currently working on building shelves for the boys' rooms. Yeehaw!

And here we are a 35/35. Somewhere out in cyber-land my co-workers are giggling. See they think it is really funny when I wear horizontal stripes. They just don't seem to understand why someone wants to emphasize a growing belly with horizontal stripes. My answer? It's not like I can hide it! And I need something to emphasize the belly and get me that seat on bart. But all of this made me realize something - most (if not dare I say 'all') striped shirts that are not button down shirts are horizontal! Seriously, I've been looking and I really think that's the case....maternity shirts or not. Which, by the way, that shirt I'm wearing in the picture - NOT maternity! Take that stripes!


Dos seems to be doing great! He's moving, hiccuping, and growing! I'm feeling pretty good with minor complaints. We thoroughly enjoyed the holidays...and by that I mean LOTS of treats and all around bad food. Hey, it's what baby wanted and who can turn down a 5lb bundle of joy?

In Cavin news, he now points to my tummy and says "yummy"! I'm not sure if this is just a simple mispronunciation or if he thinks I have just found something really yummy to eat and have eaten a LOT of it - hence the enormous belly. I kinda wonder if he is wanting in on the action. Yeah kid, it's called peanut butter balls and puppy chow. That's the secret.

No comments: