Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sweet Thing

Mr. Spruiell #3 has the hiccups right now. Cute little baby hiccups that just feel like someone is tapping my belly with a tiny finger. For a while I thought Numero Dos wouldn't get the hiccups like Cavin did but I have been proven wrong. Cavin got the hiccups all. the. time when I was pregnant with him. And once he was born it did not stop. I remember when he was just weeks old he would get the hiccups like clock-work mid-morning. I remember because they would last about 8-10 minutes before they would start to really irritate him and he'd start to cry. We'd sit on the bed watching Matt Lauer (the Today show), snuggle, and I'd pat his back and sing to him until they went away....every morning. To this day whenever Cavin gets a case of the hiccups I fondly think back to those Matt Lauer mornings.

Well, low and behold, here we are at mid-morning and my second boy has the hiccups. Along with the tapping of my belly I feel a twinge of excitement inside as to what is to come. I know I have a lot of crazy times ahead but also cannot help but think about the sweet times too. How many things will Cavin and Dos have in common (hiccups - check!). And how will the boys be different? Will he have blue eyes? Webbed toes? Matching leg freckles to Cavin and I? Dare I suggest - the active personality? Will he be laid-back like Cavin and his daddy or a bit more high strung and resistant to change such as myself? Will he bond more with Sandy or Jerry (that says a lot about someone's personality).

I cannot wait to meet our little boy!


1 comment:

Mully said...

Pay attention to where you're feeling those hiccups, Dylan's moved to the top of my tummy and a few days later the doctor realized he was breach (in week 38)! Happy Holidays!