Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hey guess what? I'm pregnant!

So apparently I became magically pregnant this week...because that's when my co-workers started taking notice. You know, the co-workers who see me, at a minimum, 9 hours a day 5 days a week. On Monday I received 4 comments about how "enormous" and "big" I am. I got a lot of "when are you due?...February 4th??...You are going to be HUUUGE!" Why yes I am people...the belly grows a centimeter a week so count on about 10 more centimeters. On Tuesday I got some giggles and a "boy you sure are pregnant". On Wednesday I decided to wear ALL black like from my feet to my neck...solid, slimming black. I was told how nice I looked twice that day (what a change) but then someone said "you look even bigger than just yesterday!" Well, that's the goal here folks. So today I'm owning up to my enormous elephantitis and blasting in on the Internet for all of you to poke fun and judge.



Today started off a bit rough as well. As I was giving Cavin a hug and kiss on his way to day care, he simply shifted his weight towards me and I took a tumble backwards to the floor. Mike had to peel my sorry pregnant self off the floor and listen to mumblings of how 'Cavin pushed me over' or 'I lost my balance', etc when really we know it is a complete loss of my center of gravity due to Numero Dos.

In other news, Mike and I are making strides on the boys' rooms. We ordered Cavin's new big boy furniture and bedding and we've narrowed down paint colors for the baby's room. We've also received all the crib bedding and most of the decor for baby's room as well. Now it's all about painting and setting things up...which can take some time. It is a lot of work designing two rooms at once while still unpacking our house, buying Christmas gifts, and wrangling in a toddler.

Cavin has become slightly more defiant with us lately. This morning alone he threw a fit because he wanted to put his sock on his hand instead of his foot, I didn't change his diaper fast enough, and he wanted to play with his "Memo" (aka Elmo) toy versus getting in his chair for breakfast. Last night, apparently all Mike had to do was walk into the room and Cavin burst into a screaming, teary fit. Dare I say this could be the beginning of the dreaded tantrum phase.

On the bright side, he is started to pair words together to communicate. He says things like "Thank you mommy" and "Goodbye doggies". And every day I feel like a new word is said. Today's new word: cold. When they walked outside to go to Pari's house, he turned around and said "Coold!!" He truly is a lot of fun and we are amazed at his development every single day. But by the end of the day, Mike and I are WORN OUT.

Kinda like Cavin was this past weekend after a run to Home Depot to look at paint colors for his little bro...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Aw, I think you have one of those cute pregnant bellies where it just looks like you stuffed a basketball under your shirt! Hang in there!

The Spruiells said...

Thanks Stacy! :)