Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Giddy up! We're doing this again.

You read that right. Animal Planet's population is a growin'. As of either January 29th or February 4th (more on that later) the humans will have taken over the animals! This is HUGE. Proof is what you want? Alright then.



Call us crazy. Call us out of our minds. Call us what you want. We call ourselves EXCITED! And Cavin is taking his new role pretty seriously.


So get ready for some more confessions and prego perks to be discussed. Oh, and just for kicks and giggles, this is a picture of me at this same point in my pregnancy with Cavin.

Now for some common questions I've received so far:

1) How are you feeling? I feel great....NOW. I had quite a bit of nausea in my first trimester, coupled with quite a bit of work related travel that exhausted me even more than I already was. Once I hit what they call the 'honeymoon trimester' I started feeling GREAT...that is until the Bell's Palsy found me. Google it. I couldn't close my eye, couldn't drink or eat without causing a scene, and just appeared funny in the way I talked and related to people since half of my face was paralyzed. It was just great. I was rocking the pregnancy glow at that point let me tell you. 3 weeks later, I'm still getting over the Bell's Palsy BUT the upside is that I can finally close my eye (sweet relief!).

2) Is this pregnancy the same or different than the last? If you would have asked me this question 3 weeks ago, I would have said "virtually the same". My first trimester (other than one puking episode and a sinus infection) was pretty much the same. Then we took a left turn into crazy-ville come week 19 when the Bell's Palsy hit and now I answer "somewhat different". Now that I'm past a good part of the Bell's Palsy I'd say it feels a lot like my pregnancy with Cavin, other than I'm bigger now than I was with Cavin at this point and I also get run down more easily - part due to chasing a toddler and part due to the fact that work is more demanding this time around than when I was pregnant the first time.

3) Is it another boy or a little girl? We KNOW. But that post will have to be a separate one all on its own. :)

4) How's Cavin handling the news? Well, you saw above that's he's excited! But seriously, I'm not sure he knows what is coming. In general, he's really into pointing out body parts...especially his tummy, my tummy, and daddy's tummy. He knows the word "baby" and "tummy" so we are trying to relate the two when it comes to pointing to 'mommy's tummy'. At some point we'll figure out how to prepare him a little bit more than that.

5) And the animals? Eh...they seem not to notice. But, frankly, I feel like they are giving me looks like "NOT AGAIN!" But I could just be paranoid.

6) How is the baby doing? The baby is doing great! We've had three ultrasounds so far and he/she is moving a LOT. Anyone who knows Cavin very well knows that this would make me a bit nervous to have another active child. Sigh. However, his / her heartbeat is right around 145bpm and he/she has mastered the art of kicking my bladder so that's been fun.

7) What's this about your due date? Well at my 2nd u/s they determined that the baby is measuring 6 days bigger...which apparently is right on the border of when they would change my due date (at that point set at February 4th, 2011). I, jokingly, put the pressure on my OB stating the "the pressure is ON b/c Cavin was born ON his due date!" So she laughed and threw it right back and said "great, then YOU get to choose - you've got either February 4th or January 29th". (Gulp) I chose to stick with February 4th because, in general, I'm not a big fan of the month of January. However, this being said, Mike and I are convinced this baby is coming at least a week prior to the January 29th date. We've just got a feeling.

So stay tuned on if there will be either pink or (more) blue in our future!

No comments: