Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quilt!

The Rosemont Quilt is here!

As mentioned before, my 8 closest friends from college and I refer to ourselves as the Rosemont girls...b/c that's the apartment complex we lived in when we were at school at Trinity University. It is just easy that way. Well, once we started having kids we have decided to make quilts for the Rosemont kids. Once someone announces their pregnancy, the girls start plotting and planning behind said Rosemont girl's back. They decide a theme, design, colors, and fabric for the quilt. Once the general color theme has been decided, each girl sends in 3-5 "fat quarters" to Jen, our resident quilt maker and previously mentioned fabulous fashion designer living in NYC who made Jerry's quilt and should have made Sandy's Halloween costume. Then Jen and her mom Sharon design and make the quilt. They have done some of the best quilt work I have seen yet. And Cavin's quilt is no exception!


We received the quilt in the mail the other day and it literally brought tears to my eyes! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! It completely matches Cavin's room perfectly, I love the sports theme (of course), and the fabric choices are so cute and perfect (especially the Denver Broncos and Texas A&M fabrics). It truly made our day when it came in the mail. Mike was walking out the door and said "oh, you received a box from Jen" and I jumped over the couch screaming "QUILT!!!!" to get to the box which I ripped open as fast as I could....all this while holding Cavin. :) And what was inside truly surpassed anything I was expecting! Like I said, tears! And it holds a special place in my heart because it was made with "Rosemont love" from some of my best friends.

Props to Sharon and Jen for yet another job well done!

You will be happy to know that he crisened the quilt just after taking these photos...aka he peed all over his Trinity onesie and onto Mully's (aka Amy's) square. Cavin is known for being able to pee around his diaper and has peed on all of us...so think of this as a compliment Mully!






1 comment:

Alison said...

So beautiful!! Your friends are so sweet and talented!! And you can tell how much Cavin LOVES it!