Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Like....Totally!

Our friends, Matt and Amy, threw an 80s karaoke party a week or so ago and Mike, Cavin, and I got really into our costumes! I think it took longer for us to get ready than we were actually AT the party...



I would like to point out that even Cavin was dressed 80s style. Please note his double socks with the colors switched on the opposite foot. Also, his fluorescent green pants with his "Mommy Rules" onesie...this kid knows how to dress up for a theme party!

Probably the funniest part of the night happened prior to and on the way to the party. We realized half way there that we forgot to bring beer with us so we stopped at a Chevron. Since Mike was the one who wanted the beer "we" decided that he was the one to go inside the store to get it...dressed up like he was. Let me tell you, watching that man walk into the Chevron station looking the way he did and seeing the looks he was getting was the highlight of the year! I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Luckily, I was able to take some pictures...

Notice how his jacket almost glows!


Notice the lady in the background. She worked behind the counter and the looks she was giving Mike behind his back are what made tears stream down my face!




A good time was had by all! Well, until Madonna's "Holiday" starting playing and Cavin decided it was time to go home. Who doesn't love the 80s Madonna? Is this child mine??

1 comment:

Taking Flight said...

I am busting up over the gas station pics!!! Too funny! Love the outfits on all 3 of you!