Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Inch

Wow. Last week was R-O-U-G-H. The 6 week growth spurt left my mother and I wondering if we had half a mind to function. Conveniently, Mike was out of town for a work trip at the time and missed all of the fun. I do; however, have 10 minutes of the 3 hours of screaming fits that Cavin threw one (out of 5) nights to use as punishment later on in his life. I figure if Cavin needs to be grounded, I will lock him in his room with this video playing over and over and over again. Pretty sure whatever he did will NEVER happen again. I'll be sure this tape is in working order during his teenage years.

The result of said growth spurt: 1 inch. In my mom and my unprofessional opinion - we stretched the babe out with a measuring tape - that is how much he grew in the short amount of time. The growing, coupled with some pretty bad reflux, explains the tears. When I say "tearS", I mean by Cavin and myself. Cavin was crying b/c he was being stretched like a rubber band and my crying was due to a severe lack of sleep, a cold w/ fever, and the feeling that I was losing my mind! My mother took it all in stride and I'm not quite sure what I would have done without her. She was actually laughing while Cavin was crying! Maybe she was losing her mind too.... Either way I've got it ALL on video. Paybacks are hell.

This week I feel like all Cavin has done is sleep. Clearly he is recovering from all the activity of last week! Here he and I are at this week's playgroup:



And that same night when Mike was in charge of watching Cavin while I made dinner...


Gotta love my boys!

No comments: