Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A little bit of Texas in California

A co-worker just sent me this picture that he took from his cell phone while driving to work today. He found this car driving in his neighborhood in San Francisco. It made my day!



Now some of you may be like "yeah, yeah...it says Houston, TX....what's the big deal??" Okay, the big deal is that there is a general animosity towards Texans here in California. I've never completely understood this...I mean how can people not like those of us from "The Friendly State"? Now this is a big generalization I know. But I don't think anyone can argue the cultural differences between the two states. And the thing is, they are both GREAT states...just very different. So I just found some humor in this picture.

The other thing is, how many times has this car been vandalized? I mean, when I maxed out my TX plates on my vehicle when I first moved here (I really didn't want to give up those TX plates), my car was vandalized twice! And I'm pretty sure it was due to those plates. Or it could be that I was living in Oakland....

So I'd say this guy has guts the size of Texas! YEEHAW!

No comments: