Thursday, March 26, 2009

24 days

Yep! 24 days until my due date....very hard to believe! Here I am this morning at 36 weeks and 4 days...only 3 days until they consider me "full term".


And, yes, I'm headed to work in jeans on a Thursday. My boss is in Seattle today and I figured a) I'm 9 months pregnant b) I'm getting sick of my maternity work pants c) I'm in no mood to throw on a dress today d) I bought these pair of jeans when I have arguably only one month left in my pregnancy - I best get some use outta them and e) I'm pulling the prego card! If anyone argues with reasons a - d, I will tell them I thought it was Friday (we are allowed to wear jeans on Friday) and "ooops...must be my 'pregnancy brain'".

All in all I've been feeling much better this week than last. I took it easy this past weekend so the swollen feet went down and I stopped getting so hot - although I have a feeling that had a little to do with the 30 - 50 degree weather we've been having. The temps are shooting up to 65 - 75 today through the weekend so I am elevating my feet and (as you can see) wearing short sleeves today.

We (well Mike) *almost* finished the nursery this weekend! He hung pictures, organized some more things...all we need to do is hang a few more things up and we are done! We hope to finish it this weekend and I promise to post pics ASAP. Mike also installed the car seat and I did the most important thing of all - pack Baby S's hospital bag and choose his homecoming outfit of course!

Things have been pretty hectic around the Spruiell household though. I'm frantically trying to get through my last accounting course before I can sit for the CPA exam before the baby arrives...not to mention work is getting busy b/c we have a big project starting up in Seattle. Meanwhile Mike has been traveling some for work and pretty much picking up all the slack around the household since I've become rather worthless when it comes to physical activity. So I apologize to those of you that I owe phone calls to (Stacy, Erin, Eileen, Mer, Jonna, etc)...I promise to call you back soon!!!

And here are some extra pics from this morning when I tried to get the dogs involved in the belly shots...sorry they are blurry, I got distracted with all the licks / kisses I was getting from them.




No comments: