Saturday, January 31, 2009

Let's Celebrate Baby S - Texas Style!

In January, my best friends through me the most fabulous baby shower ever! I feel so blessed to of been surrounded by so many friends and family during this special time. It meant so much to be able to see everyone and to celebrate our impending arrival...I just wish the shower could have lasted all day long so I had enough time to catch up with everyone.

Here are some highlights:
The food table...

Meredith and Jana...


Eileen and Karen...


Grace and her Granny Jessica...



What I was unaware of was that I was the entertainment for the shower! One of the "games" was I had to act out a bunch of movie titles, song titles, and sayings with the word "baby" in it. That was embarrassing and exhausting! But pretty hilarious for my guests to watch their pregnant friend acting out pop culture's biggest baby hits.
"Baby Got Back"...
"Hit Me Baby One More Time"...

And everyone trying to figure out what in the world I was acting out this time...


When it came to opening the gifts, Grace thought it would be most beneficial for me for her to spread her knowledge that she learned over Christmas. In other words, she wanted to help me open all of my gifts! She's such a doll. And who can turn her down? Not her nanny Jamie!

One of my best friends Eileen got Baby S a Dave Matthews Band onesie!!! She knows me so well... Do you think the baby knows DMB's songs by heart now? I listen to him enough... Maybe his first word will be "dancing" or "nancies" or "ants".

Another highlight was Baby S receiving his very first Texas team sportswear from Elizabeth!!!! GO AGGIES!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell how exciting I am??? After the voluminous amount of Denver Broncos stuff received, it was about time this baby was introduced to Texas football. I've got a LOT of work to do to even out the Colorado vs. Texas team outfits though.


Katie, Karen, and I....


My Houston A&M co-workers (I miss you ladies!)....


Mom and I....


My gorgeous shower hosts (minus Katie)...

Thank you to everyone who was able to make my shower in Houston...it was so great to see you there and I am honored that you were able to make it. Baby S was "showered" with so many great gifts so Mike and I cannot thank you enough. And thank you to my wonderful shower hosts...I know how much work went into the day and I just wanted to let you know how much I truly appreciate it. You are the best friends a girl can have. Love, Jamie

1 comment:

Me, Myself and Ei said...

yay, i got a shoutout for the Dave onesie! i think i might have been a little TOO excited about that, but i'm glad you like it :) can't wait to see baby S in his DMB duds!