Saturday, January 31, 2009

The gig is up

When my sister and I were young, we saw Santa peering through the window on Christmas Eve one year. I was a bit young to remember but my sister will never forget it.
So we tried to recreate the experience for Grace.

When Grace saw Santa through the window of the front door, she got really still, her face went blank, and she whispered ever so softly, "Santa....." It was a moment I know I will not forget.

So Santa comes in with gifts for all of us...the biggest one for Grace of course.

A Cinderella dress (I was SOOOO jealous!)



Grace soaked up all the attention...I mean, this was Santa! In her house! And he was bringing her some darn good gifts. But sadly, at some point Santa had to go. He gathered his things, said goodbye, and began walking about the door...to which Grace yelled...
"WHY IS GRANDPA SANTA???!!!???"
We all had mixed emotions. I mean, clearly, this girl is not stupid. But at the same time we were worried that we had ruined the next 5 years of Christmas magic!
No worries though b/c the next day at brunch, Grace ran right up to Santa to get a picture. Then she ran across the restaurant to Amy yelling "mommy, mommy, i just met Santa!!!!!!!"
We are on for next year.

No comments: