Thursday, January 29, 2009

The result of too many cookies

Here's a blurry picture of me and Baby Boy Spruiell at 28 weeks and 4 days (today).


Since I'm your typical Type A personality I've been keeping close watch on all of mine and my baby's stats: blood pressure, heart rate, glucose levels, and of course....weight. My doctor is at the point where she chuckles when I bring out my stats book to record all of the numbers at each appointment.
I had a doctor's appointment today (which I now refer to as "Weigh-in Day") and was getting pretty nervous considering I've made two trips to Texas this month (airline food coupled with Tex Mex does not a pretty figure make) and I recently have acquired a craving for chocolate chip cookies. To top it all off, Mike brought home a package of Mike and Ike's candies, as well as, a chocolate marshmellow heart for me last night. What a nice man, I know. I not so politely informed him that although the gesture was sweet (no pun intended), it was before my Weigh-in Day. Then he watched me throw all logic out the door and devour all of it in a matter of minutes.
So I get to my appointment this morning and guess what??? 1.25 pounds gained in one month. YES! That's like record-setting for me. Seriously, my monthly average weight gain is usually way above that so logic would say either 1) the scale was off or 2) next month will not be very good but whatever! My "pregnancy brain" tells me that eating bad worked. So when I got back to the office I marched right across the street and bought myself a chocolate chip cookie to celebrate.
Lesson learned.

No comments: