Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A day in the life of Cavin

I just got a big surprise in my email inbox...pictures from Pari! Pari is Cavin's day care provider. She is fabulous! I cannot say enough great things about how she cares for my child every day. There are so many times she has taught us something that Cavin is doing that ends up helping us out at home. I find myself very fascinated by her. She is older, raised many kids of her own, many grand kids of her own, and runs a day care out of her home...so now she's helping to raise my kid! Where she get the energy, I will never know. I mean, I'm exhausted taking care of my child after the weekend...and that's ONE kid!

Mike and I talk about how we wish we were a fly on the wall at day care. We wish we could see what Cavin is up to day in and day out. He comes home with artwork, hats, and yesterday came home with two bracelets on his wrists that they had made that day. Sometimes he sports new 'tricks', like running around in circles around an object on the floor or spinning himself in circles until he is dizzy and giggling. Or he finds new words, phrases, or has figured certain things out all of a sudden. We find ourselves asking 'did he learn that at day care?' a lot.

I get jealous of Mike because he catches small glimpses of Cavin's day since, due to my long commute, he does both drop and pick up on a daily basis. Last week, he walked in to find Cavin and his best friend (at day care) Liam playing chase and running in circles around a toy in the house. We thought 'aha! that's why he runs in circles around us in the living room!'

Anyways, on to the pictures that Pari sent.

Here's a couple of the playroom. That's Cavin in the striped sweater and his friend Liam in the green shirt. Liam and Cavin are like two peas in a pod. They are basically the same size (although Liam is quite a bit older), have blond hair, like to play ring-around-the-rosey together, and both tend to run to the front door together during the pick-up window. They are also both about to be BIG brothers soon so I am sure they chat about that a lot.

The kid to the right with his hand up is Brody. Brody just turned one and is sorta Cavin and Liam's younger side-kick. You can tell Brody wants to be in the 'cool crowd' as he kinda hangs with Cavin and Liam a bit, tries to play chase with them, etc. He's a cute kid.

The girl in the back left is Danika. I think that's her name. She's the out-going, 'I'm friends with everyone', flirty girl. She always has an enormous smile on and chats your ear off when you get there. She's adorable. I kinda think she either is just a really nice, outgoing girl OR she has a major crush on Cavin.

Anyways, those are the main players.





And here's Pari playing with Cavin:



Clearly, that younger kid is the brainiac of the group...look at the structure he built compared to Cavin! Either that or Cavin built it and let him pose next to it for the picture. Yep, that's the story I'll stick to. I mean, Cavin has civil engineering in his blood!



Cavin playing with the camera...following in his mom's footsteps...

...And pretending to be a highway patrol officer...that could come in very handy one day since my husband seems to be ticket-prone.


Clearly Cavin has a lot more fun than Mike and I do during our day.

No comments: