Wednesday, March 24, 2010

They're ONE! (written by Cavin)

Hey guys! Cavin here. It has been way too long since I've written to say how things are going from MY perspective. First of all, I've been quite busy learning to move around, eat with my hands, point out things to my mommy, tell her stories, and of course hang out with my friends some more! I'm way too busy for this blogging thing. See mom...she's got tons of free time to hang out with me and blog. She keeps talking about how her "boss is keeping her busy at work" but I'm assuming by 'boss' she means me and by 'work' she means changing my diaper. That being said, where does she go for 12 hours a day? Oh well, never thought about it...I'm too busy hanging out with my friends to notice!

On to my friends. This weekend marked two of my friends' ONE year old birthday parties! We bounced from one party to the next...it was quite crazy. I was so excited for Andrew and Delaney that I didn't take a nap all morning waiting for their parties to start. Mommy and daddy were super worried about that but I didn't see what the big fuss was about. I just took a quick disco nap on the way to Andrew's party and I was good to go!


Y'all remember Andrew right? He and I hung out quite a bit when our mommies were on maternity leave together. This is us hanging out at Nordstroms (against our will...I mean, seriously? What boy likes to shop?) when I was just 1.5 months old...




And here we are now with our mommies!

Aren't we a-friggin'-dorable? Drew is quite shocked as he just downed his birthday cake! See here...

It was super fun hanging out with all my friends! They had some fun toys there too!



Everyone kept saying "you're next Cavin"...I'm not sure what this means but I hope to God it means I get to eat some of that yummy looking cake next!

Once Drew's party was over we said 'bye bye' too all of my friends and headed to Delaney's house. Mommy and daddy keep referring to Delaney as my girlfriend. Whatever. So she held my hand once. Holding my hand does not a girlfriend make. Puhlease. Bleck! Delaney and I are JUST friends. That's it.

Delaney's mommy and my mommy hung out a lot when they were on maternity leave too. We played with them at Day One, ate lunch together a lot, and walked around the Rez in Lafayette quite a bit. Here's Delaney and I when I was about a month and a half old where she allegedly tried to hold my hand.





And here we are now!





She refused to share her birthday cake with me (women...*rolling my eyes*) and she ate it reeeallly slow...but it was fun to celebrate with her nonetheless.

I also met a new friend, Braden. He and I had a tea party together. Daddy was really nervous about this...I don't get why...it's just a pink and lavender tea set daddy. How's that going to hurt me?? Geez. Parents...they just don't understand.

Here's one of Delaney and her mommy Hope!


And here's one of my mommy and I...now you see where I get my good looks from.


After all the socializing, singing Happy Birthday, playing, and eating I zonked out on the ride home!


And, apparently, I'm next!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Aw Jamie - the cutest post!! I can NOT believe how cute and adorable the boys look so little and now so big!!! LOVE that! And that picture of you and Cavin at the end - soooo sweet!!