Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Little Words Wednesday

Wednesdays are my days to do day care drop offs and pick ups. Since we are stuck in the car for quite a while on those days I strike up many different conversations with Cavin.  Boy oh boy is he a talker in the car.  Sometimes he tells me necessary things like who threw up at Pari's or if he wants water or what Ellis is doing.  Other times he tells me stories about how we are going to climb up pink trees and mountains.  And then there are times when it starts off as a normal story and then he goes off on some tangent that catches me by surprise.  Many things that spill out of his make me outright laugh out loud.  So, I figured I'd share them with you.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Cavin: "What does water do?"
Mom: "Water makes you feel better. Your body needs water."
Cavin: "And pee needs water!!!  And poo poo needs water!"
Mommy: "Uhh...that's right."
Cavin: "And then we pee pee in the plants!"

Mommy: "Guess who is coming to visit you Cavin?"
Cavin: "Uhhmmm...I don't know."
Mommy: "It's Pa!"
Cavin: "Pa??"
Mommy: "Yes. And guess what he's bringing with him."
Cavin: "PRESENTS!"
Mommy: "Hmmm...maybe.  Guess what else?!"
Cavin: "Pa is in Houston!"
Mommy: "He's bringing a moving truck!"
Cavin: "A moving truck!!!!  And then he'll fall asleep with his stocks [his word for 'socks'] on and his shoes on and then I'll take his stocks off and he'll keep sleeping! He'll be comfortable."

Cavin: "My ear! My ear!"
Mommy: "What's wrong with your ear honey?
Cavin: "It has air in it!  My ear has air in it.  You must get it out. The snowman blew air in it so mommy has to get it out!"


No comments: