Sunday, March 18, 2012

Boy oh boy did we have a BALL!

I've realized I'm a bit ridiculous and over the top when it comes to planning my kids' birthday parties.  I spend months dreaming up a concept, weeks ordering and planning, and then a day to set up - that's when I get super stressed and almost freak out.  And lately I've required my guests to put on costumes and join in on the fun (Halloween and now Ellis' bday).  You know what though? I love it! And I've got great friends who not only put up with it but make me actually think they enjoy it!

I love first birthday parties.  The excitement.  The anticipation of 'what will he think of the cake?'.  And the cute little babies all playing around one another.  As for planning, the slate is blank and, really, the kid doesn't care.  So this momma gets to do what she wants.  And that I did.

Ellis' birthday falls on Superbowl weekend so I naturally chose football as the theme.

(Front door sign)






Lots of friends came dressed up for the festivities!



(Our fellow Broncos!  Who knew any existed out here in Raider country...)

(Ellis took some time away with Nick to have a serious discussion about what he REALLY thinks about the 49ers)


(Yet another wonderful job done by Marisa)







Favors Bags for the kiddos






The Damage.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us...both near and far.  And a special shout-out goes to those of you who 'sported' your team gear (especially those Broncos fans - you know who you are Poston family)!  I also want to thank Marisa with Marisa Cakes for doing yet another amazing job on the cake, cupcakes, and invitations.  Her treats taste even better than they look...my current favorite...strawberry shortcake.  Another thank you to Chickabug who designed the favor stickers, door sign, 'concession stand' buffet labels, and 'Happy Birthday' banner.  Heather is wonderful to work with so if you are in need, check out her Etsy shop here.  And thank you to Janessa, my favorite amateur (but could be professional) photographer who captured Ellis' first experience with sugar so that I was able to just sit back and laugh.

And last but not least, thank you to my husband and dad who spent countless time taking my directions to "hang this balloon there" or "put this football over here"...you were such a big help!

It was a wonderful day...



Our little family

No comments: