Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

This year we were confined to California due to the impending arrival of Numero Dos. However, that didn't stop me from throwing on my Maroon Out shirt, turkey apron, and spending some quality time in my new kitchen. Someone had to make use of the double oven! I did cut a few corners with the Stove Top and instant mac-n-cheese but when I was just cooking for 3, I feel like that's okay. I still made a turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, and a cranberry/orange bundt cake so my boys had nothing to complain about!




It was a great Thanksgiving this year...in particular because my Aggies "BTHO" (beat the hell outta) texas! In the first time in a long time they've had a winning season AND have been ranked! Seriously, Craig, how long have we waited?? (All those mornings at the Chicken did not go to waste...)

On a more serious note (not that talking about Aggie wins isn't serious), I am very thankful for my family (both immediate and in-laws), friends, animals, and the two boys sitting next to me this year at the dining table...and the little turkey cooking inside of me. I am one blessed daughter, friend, sister, niece, wife, and mommy.

No comments: