Friday, November 26, 2010

Baby Boy + 30 weeks = Third Trimester!


There he is folks. I'm not sure where the time has gone to (possibly work, moving homes, rooting for my winning Aggies, and yoga - with some bundt cakes, gingerbread lattes, and cookies in between)...but hello people, we are in the 3rd trimester. Count it. That's 10 weeks from today. Cavin has no clue what is coming. Scratch that - none of us really know what is to come....except I think Sandy, Jerry, and Toby have a clue.

I'm feeling pretty good...today. If you would have asked me two weeks ago I would have gone on and on about hip and pelvic pain, as well as, a mean case of the hives and loss of breath. But as with all pregnancy symptoms they come and go so this week I've felt pretty good. I'm sleeping well too, which of course I realize I've jinxed myself to nights of restless sleep until our boy arrives. Oh wait, there will be no sleep once he arrives either.

During our first trimester we had some blood work come back that indicated we could possibly have a low birth weight baby. Due to those results, we were asked to come in for a 3rd trimester ultra-sound to check his weight. The results: we have the opposite problem now. The baby is measuring at 83rd percentile in weight....allegedly on track to be an 8.5 to 9 pound baby! You want my take? The baby's enormous Spruiell noggin' is skewing the results (the head is one of 3 measurements they take to guess-timate the weight). Numero Dos was facing down and with his back towards my belly button so the best picture we got was of his thigh. However, the doctor has asked us to come back to check weight again so hopefully we'll get a face shot!

No comments: