Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hello from the East side!

New York that is. Someone severed my right arm (aka split me from my baby) and put me on a plane to NYC for a three week trip for work. I've been working on a pretty high profile case that is finally going to trial so we are headed to NY to prep for my boss to testify. Although it is going to be a GREAT experience career-wise, I miss Mike and Cavin more than I could ever have imagined.

I've been planning for this trip for weeks. Between making sure I have all of my pump supplies in order to calling the local UPS store and hotel to ensure that I can ship dry ice and freeze my milk properly, I didn't have much time to think about the fact that I was really going to be away from my baby for almost a month of his life. SO much happens in one month!

I cried 3 separate times the morning I had to go to the airport. I knew I was leaving him in great hands with his daddy but I couldn't help but feel completely guilty and nervous. Was Cavin going to acclimate to the new schedule? Was he going to notice me not around? Will Mike know where Cavin's favorite nap blanket is? Will Cavin's wardrobe be up to par without me laying out his clothes every night?? I had real concerns people!

I survived the 6 hour plane ride over to the East side and was greeted by a glass of champagne, compliments of the hotel upon check-in...


Hmmm....that was one positive to this trip.

Then I learned that our hotel loans you one of their goldfish to stay in your room with you for the duration of your trip. Meet Bob.





Bob has quickly assumed the role that Cavin, Toby, Sandy, and Jerry usually fill. He is my 'kid' while I'm away from my kids. I feed him, talk to him, tell him "good night", "good morning", ask him how his day was, and in general, make sure he is alive and well. I'm really going to miss Bob when I go home this weekend but I know he'll be back here to greet me and tell me all about his weekend when I get back next week.

1 comment:

Amber said...

A hotel that gives you champagne and a pet goldfish named Bob. WHERE ARE YOU STAYING?!?!?! That is the coolest hotel EVER!!!!