Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bob's got a girlfriend

Well, week one in NYC is successfully completed and week two is well on its way! This week, Bob introduced me to his girlfriend Abba. Abba is very sweet and cute. She's a bit smaller than Bob but the two of them follow each other around quite a bit!






A couple people have asked me if it is "fun" or "neat" being in NY in the fall. Do I see the fall colors? The leaves changing? Enjoy the cool weather? And the shopping?.... Well, unless there's a tree that is going to sprout out of the middle of the conference room table or in my hotel room, the answer is "no". And at 9pm at night when I'm in a taxi on my way back to the hotel room it is difficult to decipher the colors of the leaves on the trees. Sigh. Since I'm here for 3 weeks, I've got some hope that I will get the afternoon off so I can hit up my favorite shoe store here soon. **Somewhere Mike's ears just perked up a little bit and he's checking the bank account.**

This is one view I get to see everyday.




That's the view of downtown from my conference room here in midtown. Straight ahead is where we used to see the twin towers. To the far right is New Jersey and in the middle there you can barely see the statue of liberty. I can also see the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges to the left (not shown). It is an absolutely stunning view that I am not going to complain about.

What I will complain about is the fact that I apparently think sitting in this conference room is equivalent to running a marathon. I'm burning calories by typing on my computer and looking out this window right?? I have shown no willpower when it comes to food and drinks. My daily diet usually consists of a latte and oatmeal, mid-morning snack, sandwich / soup for lunch...this is where it gets bad...a cookie (or two) for snack, can of coke at 3pm, potato chips at around 5pm, dinner at 9pm-ish that consists of appetizer, BIG entree, dessert, oh...and 2 glasses of wine. I am changing this today. I'm off to a good start so far but the afternoon is still ahead of me.

No comments: