Sunday, May 24, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Cavin slept through the night last night!!! And by that I mean, he fell asleep at about 10:30pm and woke up at 5am....a solid 6 hours of sleep for his extremely tired parents! Naturally I did the 'wake up - see 5am on the clock - freak out - jump out of bed to make sure he is okay' thing that every parent does at one point early on in their newborn's life. And sure enough, he was fine...wiggling around and making noises but no fussiness.

That being said, he was up to feed 3 times the night before and every other night before that has been 2 feedings so I'm expecting to be up at my regular 2am and 5am hours tonight, but still...a nice break for mommy and daddy nonetheless.


In honor of this huge accomplishment, I am posting a bunch of photos of Cavin...well...sleeping. :) I've accumulated quite a few and I just think they are adorable so enjoy!

























2 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay! Hopefully this is the start of a new sleeping pattern! I am so impressed that you slept until 5am ... the first time Izzy slept through the night I was awake every hour! So, does everyone say that Cavin looks just like his Dad?

The Spruiells said...

Update: last night we were up once but I could NOT get him to go back to sleep so it wasn't the greatest night. But at least I know he is capable of sleeping a while. :)

And, yes Stacy, most ppl do tell me that he looks like Mike. I think that is very cute and would love for him to look like his daddy. :) Although ppl say he has my lips. I don't see it b/c his lips are big Angelina lips! :)