Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Eight Month Birthday Ellis!


Well, hello there!  You'll begin to see a pattern in Ellis' Elmo photos...and that's a lot of smiling.  Well, except for that pesky 11 month photo - but I think that has something to do with him learning that I opted against chocolate as the flavor for his smash cake.

I digress. 

That 5th tooth finally came in this month. If you remember, we hate that tooth.  In fact, his 6 tooth followed right behind it.  Once they arrived, Ellis was able to move on to some more developments...such as pulling his pacifier out of his mouth and then finding his mouth and putting it back in.  Sounds pretty simple eh?  Tell that to Ellis at 2am when he's screaming.

Ellis also learned that he is starring in his very own show and doesn't appreciate the camera angle.  In other words, he has found his video monitor, grabs it, and moves it around.  It scares the bejeesus out of me when I click to look at the video and I see nothing but nostrils and teeth!  It is a good thing I married an enginner because Mike rigged up some contraption that will get us through the next few months - until Ellis grows a few more inches.

In other news, Ellis and I weaned from breastfeeding this month.  I was pretty darn proud of myself for making it 8 months while working a full time job that takes me away from my baby for 12 hours a day.  Kudos to us!!!  Sorry, someone's gotta give mommy and baby some credit. :)

Ellis has become quite the wiggle worm on Elmo...evidenced by the next couple shots.


We didn't have a pediatrician appointment this month so I don't have stats but I can assure you he's growing.


Happy 8 months big boy!

No comments: