Monday, February 8, 2010

Things I've learned recently...

1. Changing a diaper is actually easier while the baby is standing up.
2. How to change a diaper while the baby is rolling over.
3. How to change a diaper while the baby is crawling across the play mat.
4. Losing 6 pounds can make a huge difference in my wardrobe. All of a sudden I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in a year and a half.
5. Cavin really does understand some things I say and makes a choice whether to act on them or not.
6. True friends are very hard to come by. Therefore, I am even more grateful for the ones I have been blessed with.
7. The bay area is a tough place to live in and it isn't as open as people may think.
8. I have a new party trick - the ability to pretty accurately guess the alcohol content of beer.
9. You may love a certain food...but once you puree it, the looks of it may want to make you vomit.
10. Cavin shows off in front of nana.
11. Cavin actually challenges himself and is pleased when he does well.
12. Sandy is surprisingly gentle around Cavin when it comes to receiving food from tiny fingers.
13. Jerry bosses around a 65 pound blond every day but a 20 pound blond will stop him in his tracks.
14. Toby has caused my husband to hate cats.
15. You can learn a lot about marriage from someone who has spent their life studying marriage, but has never actually been married.
16. Cavin's toes gain superhuman strength when it comes to climbing out of the 'baby jail'.
17. I am sometimes jealous of my baby...who wouldn't love to eat all you can, sleep all you want, and play all day?
18. Neither Mike nor myself are photogenic.
19. I am really good at multi-tasking. But ask me to focus on one thing and I have a difficult time.
20. Great friends bring you cake and send you ice cream.

2 comments:

Lesley Schooler said...

Great friends also share the ice cream they have been sent. :-)

The Spruiells said...

Welcome Benitta. Thanks for commenting!