Monday, February 23, 2009

What the sugar will do to you...

Make your belly grow!


Here's an picture of Baby S and I today, at 32 weeks and 1 day. We are officially in our 8th month of pregnancy!



A couple notes from the last few weeks:

- My local starbucks barista (don't worry, I order decafs) thinks I am ready to pop! This morning she said "you've GOT to be due soon right???" I received the same comment from an old co-worker I ran into today as well. I'm not quite sure how to take these comments.

- Sandy licked my belly this weekend. She's SOOOO ready to be a big sister. Can we talk about how she's the best dog ever? Ok, I'll save it for another post.

- Jerry stepped on my belly this weekend. Needless to say, I am still a bit worried about his reaction to Mike's newest baby.

- Commute time on bart used to mean time for me to get some work done, listen to my pregnancy podcasts, catch up on my Us Weekly, write some baby shower thank you notes (yes, that's why the handwriting is messy) or read my latest book club book. Now bart = NAP! Like clockwork, two stops into my bart ride I am catching some zzzzzzs. This morning, my own snoring (which for the record I do not normally do) woke me up just in time for the Embarcadero station. This whole growing a life thing is really draining my energy.

- We had an amazing shower thrown for us in Colorado by my mother-in law, 2 sisters-in-law, and future sister-in-law. Lots of friends and family gathered to celebrate our little one and we could not have had a better time. There will be an entire post devoted to our Colorado shower shortly.

- I am on strict watch. Mike read my last blog post and is threatening to perform a detailed audit of our kitchen pantry and my office desk for any and all sweets I may have hidden from him or anyone else. He caught me in yet another lie this weekend regarding how many cookies I ate on Saturday, so he's on me like white on rice.

3 comments:

Amber said...

How did you get to be 8mos already?!

And I am laughing at Mike's reaction to your sugar addiction!!

Mrs. Matt said...

You look fabulous!

Erin T said...

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! I am so excited for you - you're officially on the final stretch (no pun intended)!!!!! EEEEE!!!! Love you!