Sunday, August 17, 2008

We've made it! And we're experts!

Today marks Mike and my one year wedding anniversary! The time has gone by way too quickly but I have to say it has been one helluva year. I think we've got this whole newlywed thing down although it didn't take much work. I've heard that the first year is supposed "to be hell". If that's the case then we've got some great years ahead of us. Fortunately for us, I think the biggest argument we had over the last year was where we would store the grilling knife. Seriously. I thought it should be kept inside in a drawer while Mike wanted it to hang on the grill outside "in its place next to the rest of the grilling utensils". I was worried about our animals stabbing themselves so I won that argument. Other than the fight over the knife, it has been a relatively easy road for the two of us. I have to say that I'm really glad the wedding is behind us, although I do wish I was getting on a plane tomorrow for Bora Bora instead of heading into work.

In honor of our anniversary, I'm posting a few pics from our wedding: 08.17.07.



By the way, we just tried our top layer that we froze over the last year...it most definitely was not as good as it was on our wedding day. We each at one bite and threw the rest away. And that's saying a lot coming from me!

My sisters and I...





Eileen, Karen, Erin, Katie, Mer, myself, and Anastasia at The Starlight Lounge in San Francisco, CA...two nights before our wedding...



Mike with Rosemont!


And some never-before-seen pictures (b/c I'm too lazy to send them around) from our honeymoon!

Mike and I at the LA airport after I just realized where we were headed to...Bora Bora!!!
On our way to our resort...you could only get their by boat.

Our home for the week...an over water bungalow!

Mike arranged for breakfast to be served to us via outrigger canoe straight to our balcony. It was quite the spread!

We ate, drank, scuba dove, wind-surfed, snorkeled, had a day at the spa, ate, and drank some more! It was by far the best vacation we have ever had...so much so that we vowed to visit Bora Bora on our 10-year wedding anniversary. That being said, I sure do hope years 2 - 9 go by as fast as year one!


3 comments:

Me, Myself and Ei said...

yay! congrats :)

Erin T said...

I cannot believe a year has gone by!! Congratulations and best wishes for your 1st anniversary celebrations!!! I love you guys!!!

Alison said...

WOW - GORGEOUS honeymoon pics Jamie!!