Monday, July 13, 2009

Hey baby, It's the 4th of July!

And the 4th of July marks baby's first swim!


Now this day was built up a LOT over the last few weeks...mostly by me. I, of course, was required to get the perfect swim trunks....and I did not disappoint. Cavin sported some red, white, and blue swim trunks covered in baseballs! Perfect for our little Astros / Rockies fan. I wasn't able to find the right size though so we had to roll the waist down to create a tighter fit. Yes, people, we make sacrifices for fashion.

We have been pretty confident that Cavin will grow up to be a great swimmer because...well, it is in his genes. For one, his mom was a pretty darn good swimmer back in the day. Not only did I do swim team growing up, but I was also asked to swim for my college team as well. Two, (little known fact but) his aunt Amy G. was an awesome swimmer as well. That's right people, Amy used to be an athlete! Three, his dad is quite the fish himself and can do a mean underwater hand stand. And fourth....I like to call this our golden ticket to the Olympics....his webbed toes. That's right! He can literally swim like a duck! **And Mike wanted me to clarify so that you readers don't think our kid has deformed feet...Cavin has two toes on each foot that has some slight web-ness to them. I kinda find it cute (and beneficial to his swim career)!**

So the highly anticipated moment arrived and the result: one enormous frown. We are talking bottom lip sticking out and all. The closer Cavin got into the water, the bigger the frown became. However, once he was in the water swimming around a bit he started to enjoy it. Aha! Success!


To the makers of Wheaties cereal: just let me know who to send the picture to.
**Thanks to our friends Amy and Matt for risking baby poop all over their pool in order for Cavin to experience his first pool experience!**

1 comment:

Taking Flight said...

So cute, Jamie!!!
Incidentally, my Mike says, "Cavin bears the traits of a strong man"... (he also has two webbed toes on each foot.) It makes for great cocktail conversations.