Monday, April 6, 2009

Date Night!

On Friday morning when Mike asked me if I'd rather stay in that night and go out to dinner on Saturday night, I spent all day Saturday wondering how I'd convince him to go to Chili's vs. the Polish restaurant that is walkable from our place. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Chili's? Seriously, try their skillet queso and get back to me. Little did I know he was planning a big date! He surprised me with reservations at a French Bistro in Walnut Creek...my favorite! I *heart* French food...especially duck confit. And with the moms (and Leland) coming into town next Saturday all ready to spoil their grandson, this was a perfect time to spend our the last evening out without having to pay babysitters to spend some time alone.

We had such a great time. For those of you in the bay area, I highly recommend Le Bistro in Walnut Creek (off of Main St)...it is a quaint place where everyone is really friendly and the food was tasty too! When my belly and I walked into the restaurant, we were THE star of the show! Between the hostess, chef, waiter, and patrons everyone wanted to know how far along I was, were we having twins, and how excited we were. The couple sitting next to us even said a little prayer with us before they headed out for the evening. So all in all, a very fun and special time!

Here's a picture of me and baby S at 37 weeks and 6 days just before leaving for the restaurant...


A picture of us fat and happy after devouring appetizers, main course, and dessert. Mike noted that our table was further out into the walkway than the others, due to Baby S's latest growth spurt.


And outside of the restaurant...


PS. The last time I wore the shirt in these pictures was as a DRESS at my friend Meredith's birthday party in Vegas over a year ago. I guess when my mom told me that eventually I'd be able to wear some of my pre-maternity dresses as shirts, she was right!

2 comments:

Erin T said...

I'm SO glad to hear you guys took time to do this!!!! You look beautiful and I just couldn't be more excited for y'all! xoxo

Unknown said...

Jamie look at your adorable pregnant belly, I love it!