Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's been a while

Sorry it has been a while since my last update. We have been really busy getting settled into our new home in Lafayette. The transition has been really great. I've found that being closer to friends is a BIG plus and I did not realize how close to Walnut Creek we are. For the out of towners, Walnut Creek is known for its huge outdoor mall (think Galleria in Houston but not AS awesome....BUT all outdoors)...so naturally I'm there every weekend. It has a ton of my favorite chain restaurants (so suburbia) and Eileen, Jana, and Mer will be happy to know that we have visited the local Chili's but refrained from taking a menu. :) Mom and I ate at PF Changs too...I'm a sucker for the chain restaurants.

We are also walkable to the Walnut Creek Open Area. Actually our street runs us right into the entrance. This is a big hilly open area where we can let the dogs offleash to roam and smell cow patties. It has great views of the East Bay and I'm hoping we take them there quite a bit.

I've also found that people are much friendlier in the East Bay. I was beginning to think Californians, in general, needed a little lesson from "The Friendly State" of Texas. Alas, I'm thinking it is just San Franciscans. The other day we walked the dogs to a shopping center near our house and, not only did the pups get a TON of attention from everyone but one of the shop owners gave us some free tea packs from her store to welcome us to the neighborhood. I'm thinking I could do this suburbia thing...

Oh! And does anyone want any lemons? We have a pretty large lemon tree in our front yard that I have no clue what to do with. I pulled one off the other day and it smells devine! If anyone has any ideas for recipes using lots of lemons, please pass them along. We also have an orange tree in the backyard as well; however, it isn't getting enough sun to grow big oranges. :(

I'll update with pictures soon...

No comments: